New 900-space Parking Garage Opens Next to Comerica Park
Photo by Annalise Frank/Crain’s Detroit Business
A new amenity for the 2017 Detroit Tigers season is a $28.7 million, 900-plus-space parking structure known as “The D Garage” that sits near Comerica Park.
The parking garage project contractor is a joint venture between two Detroit-based firms, Colasanti Construction Services Inc. and MIG Construction. Southfield-based Rich & Associates was the project’s parking consulting that provided architectural and structural engineering design services.
Construction began last year, and it replaced a surface lot with a five-story garage on Montcalm Street between St. John’s Episcopal Church and the current Detroit Tigers‘ garage adjacent to the ballpark.
Olympia Development of Michigan, the real estate unit of the Ilitchfamily’s business holdings that include the Tigers and Detroit Red Wings, paid for the garage and will own and operate it.
The Colasanti Companies, known simply as Colasanti, started as a small Michigan-based construction company.
Since 1953, we've built our reputation as one of the leading self-perform concrete contractors in the United States, now branched into three separate national companies doing work in 25 states and counting.